Joomla vBulletin Duo-Sync Bridge
Available for download!
Need a custom feature? Contact us!
1 Domain subscription to vBulletin Duo-Sync Bridge, it's code, updates, documentation and helpdesk support for 1 domain. The subscription is valid for 1 year.
Later you can upgrade subscription to unlimited domains in your Members Area.
Unlimited Domains subscription to vBulletin Duo-Sync Bridge, it's code, updates, documentation and helpdesk support for 2 and more domains. The subscription is valid for 1 year.
This Joomla component can be used for synchronization of Joomla with the famous forum software vBulletin 3.6.x, 3.7.0, 3.8 and 4.0. The main advantage of this Joomla vbulletin bridge over other bridges is that our extension is installed to your system without modifying the core files of both your Joomla and vBulletin.
CB 1.0.2, CB 1.1, CB1.2 support.
No core hacks will allow you to update your systems much easier than if you had them modified. This will also allow you to install any other Joomla components on your site without any limitations that can usually be found in other bridges. Please carefully read the help section as we put much effort into this component and we hope it will be very useful for you.
Please, note that we can't guarantee proper work of our bridge with any 3-rd party mod installed on the forum. If you decide to install any free mods you can previously send us a request with the link to download it and we will test the compatibility of JvB Bridge with that mode for you for free.
- You can switch between "Community-Builder" or "non-Community-Builder". So this version carries both versions. But if you don't use CB, it's extremely important that the CB support option was set to No.
- You can choose the vB-Database manualy, so there is no need to have the forum-path aligned with the Joomla-path. You can synchronize the Joomla-DB with any vB-database no matter on which domain and with which database it's connected.
- Nice thing: If you insert the vB-directory it automatically takes all the database-date from the vB-Config-File.
Forum and site must be on the same domain(it is recommended to install your forum inside of your Joomla's folder!)
Once a user logs into Joomla site he is also logged into vBulletin. User should login to Joomla once to become synchronized with the forum!
Note: Due to security reason some components don't have full functionality there Demo site resets every 3 hours.
- Joomla 2.5 compatibility release
- Compatibility with JomSocial up to 2.6
- JomSocial 1.6, 1.8 compatibility
- VB login and autoregistration compatibility via Facebook
- vbulletin 4.0 compatibility
- ability to wrap forum on FE with JVB Bridge component (optionally)
- vbulletin 3.8.0 compatibility
- BE synchronization improved
- ability to choose whether to synchronize CB avatar with VBulletin avatar or profile picture
- bug fixing (edit profile synchronization of users who have registered in Joomla and vbulletin separately)
- CB 1.2 compatibility
- Joomla 1.5 native
- all user groups synchronization
- modification for VBulletin 3.7.0 compatibility
- bug fixing (for SEF mode)
- modification for Joomla 1.5.x compatibility
- custom fields and avatar synchronization
Please read below the description of how the bridge works and best practices to use it to avoid confusion after you subscribe.
In case you're connecting your Joomla and vb with the bridge, WE RECOMMEND you to use a single registration. E.g. you use a registration on the site and you enable the redirect from forum registration to the site. Same applies to login.
HERE IS WHY:
a user will need to login to Joomla at least once after synchronization so that the passwords should synch and autologin would work.
The thing is that Joomla and VB don't store the passwords abroach. They save hash sum of passwords. Moreover, the algorythm of hash sum is various, so it's not possible to use password hash sum from Joomla in VB or from VB in Joomla. If you synchronize the users from Joomla to VB, it's impossible to convert Joomla password hash sum to VB one. So incorrect (Joomla's) hash sum is stored in VB table.
When a user logs in Joomla and passes the check, for VB hash sum update we use the password, which the person has entered; then it's possible to log direct in VB. But right after the synchronization you cannot log direct in VB.
NOTE: that makes it impossible for people to log into vBulletin directly or change the password in that situation.
Currently we don’t see a way to improve that, and there are several reasons for that:
- We don’t want to develop any scripts that make hacks (as it excludes the possibility of future upgrades)
- There are several web development barriers with loading scripts from remote servers
It is supposed to be single sign-on from both places, isn't it ?
It's single sign-on only from Joomla to vBulletin. I.e. if a user logs in Joomla, s/he will be logged in vBulletin. Otherway, a user won't be logged in Joomla. But you can logg in Joomla using login and password of VB.
If I have some custom fields in VB for user profiles and when I synchronize users from joomla to vBulletin, these fields will be empty? If I afterwards, add values to these fields in vBulletin and then synchronize again (from Joomla to vBulletin) will the data in these custom fields be removed?
The users table in Joomla has less fields by default than the users table in VB. So there's no place physically, where's possible to relocate the data from VB to Joomla. There's the component "Community Builder" for Joomla. It extends Joomla functional and allows to create the additional fields for users. If you use it, all data could be relocated from VB to this component. There's the tab "Community Builder" in the bridge configuration, where you can set what and where should be relocated.
How the synchronization works exactly if I place the users copied into VB (Registered group by default) into their proper user groups? What happens next time when I synchronize? Will the users double?
The users won't be doubled, because there's the check on uniqueness. Just the profile fields will be updated.