Multisites Site Manager component
Single Sign-On is included into the package
AMONG COMPONENT'S FEATURES ARE:
- automatically creates new subsites
- uses one or more databases (one is default)
- enroll/unenroll registered users for all or selected subsites
- use CSV for batch functions
- automated users synchronization function (from main site to subsites only)
- if user is associated with one site he will be redirected there automatically after logging in(optional)
- you can use the permissions mask
- Joomla up until 1.0.12
- Joomla 1.0.13 and above
- Joomla 1.5.x
Two sites based on Joomla 1.5.1 and 1.0.15 won't be synchronized!
How does it play in Joomla!?
A user sees something like "Welcome to all of the courses/subsites at the XX Company" on your site and if he is logged in he can see a list with the courses/subsites he is enrolled into.
He clicks on a course/site link and is taken to the home page of the selected course/site where he is autologged in as a Registered User and ready to navigate all menu items shown for Registered Users.
When logged in as an administrator in the back-end of Joomla! the admin user can see a menu item in Components called Site Manager and can:
- create/update/delete and look at a list of courses/sites (that are each created in separate folders containing a complete Joomla source site copy OR can be made automatically including configuration.php!)
- create/update/delete users with all user data (user, username, password - also via batch import)
- enroll/unenroll users into courses/subsites (also via batch import)
When submitting: the changes are updated in the database/in the database for each course.
You can either have a central database or a database for each course/site. If you want autologin working on courses/sites you must install an extra component on each course/site, this component is included in the download package.
Multisites Site Manager component menu items include:
|Enroll users into courses/sites||
|Unenroll users from courses/subsites||
The tutorials are done including voice so they might take a while to open.