We truly apologize that we kept you waiting for so long but we really hope this was worth it! In the new version of quiz we've added a number of new features which will help you run your quiz-based site especially if you're looking to set up simple courses but are not ready to spend a lot for the learning management system.
In the new version now there is an ability to create learning paths. A learning path may include however many steps you want which can be either articles or quizzes. A user won't be able to go to the next step unless the previous one is completed. So now you are free to set a sequence of how quizzes should be passed.
Next comes payment integration! There is an automated payment integration that works with VirtueMart 1.1.4, and there is a manual mode as well (in case you are not using VirtueMart on your site to handle payments). Using manual way you'll need to add a record for the payment to the component and set the confirmed status which will mean that a user has access to a quiz or learning path.
There is now also a new question type called 'Multiple Question'. This question is represented as a question itself and a group of sentences on which a user should answer, s/he should select the right answers. You may feel free to check it on our demo site already (don't forget that it resets every 3 hours and that someone might be already playing with it!).
Other features include:
- Added an ability to change the display style of the answer options for Multiple Choice question (radiobuttons or drop-down list)
- Added an ability to show answer options for Multiple Choice question in the question text directly
- Added an ability to view taken quiz results in JomSocial (with the help of plugin)
- Added support for regular expressions for answer options of the Fill in the Blank question type (another thing we've been constantly punished for *blush* )
- Improved usability of question creation process (question settings and options are grouped in tabs)
- Improved quiz templates (the structure is more flexible; the table slicing is removed) which are now (!important!) not compatible with the templates from the previous versions
- Joomla 1.0 support is removed, the component can be used only for Joomla 1.5 starting with this version
- Menu management is redone to support standard way in Joomla 1.5 (it's possible to create a menu item for a quiz, learning path, category, and packages)
Ongoing subscribers may find a new version in the Members Area, the subscription can be prolonged there as well. Please feel free to contact our support to tell us any suggestions you might have about the new features, or difficulties you meet with it. We appreciate all kind of feedback - it helps us improve the product!