additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > E-portfolio > No valid database connection problem and lost CSS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No valid database connection problem and lost CSS

No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11273

I have installed eportfolio 1.1.8 on Joomla 1.5.9 (Legacy).
I have enabled "auto add to class" for students
I have enable only one class for all students

A. When I access the eportfolio like administrator:

I can access the "Who am I" page of students without any problem but I have problem with the following pages that lose the CSS reference:
- Abilities
- Plan
- Events

B. When I access the eportfolio like student:

I obtain the following message on all eportfolio pages: "No valid database connection You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT params FROM jos_eportfolio_users WHERE `userId` ="

And, I have still the same problems with the following pages that lose the CSS reference:
- Abilities
- Plan
- Events

Can you help me?
I need this component. I have already bought the version for Joomla 1.0 for one other site and, now, I would like to install the component on a new site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11274

• Ann
Hi!
Could you please provide us with some user so that we could check the site (which of the two domains btw)?

it's best if the user has superadmin's rights, you can mail the info then to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it together with this thread's link.
Kind regards!

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11275

I sent you all the info required at your email address.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11285

Solved. Thank you.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11286

Hi there - if you don't mind me asking, how did you solve the problem? It's giving me a very hard time.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11288

i did nothing. I think that the problem simply disappeared when you reinstalled the component.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11289

• Ann
Hi,
yes, just reinstall it: we fixed the component's files.

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11293

Hi Ann - where can I find the fixed component & it's files?

Re:No valid database connection problem and lost CSS 8 years 10 months ago #11297

• Ann
Hi!
You should be able to download it in the members areausing the Download link.

Kind regards!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.