additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > JKayako bridge > Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase

Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11851

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the bridge and wrapper working beautifully, with the heights re-adjusting sweetly. The only thing i am concerned about is sending direct links to a client, If I copy a knowledgebase article link and paste it in a new browser session, then it redirects the wrapper to the kayako support center home page

Is there a way to link directly to a knowledgebase article ? say from a joomla menu or simply copy and paste the URL into he browser ?

Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Brett.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11861

• Ann
Hi,
no unfortunately currently that is not possible.
The component is relatively new and probably needs quite a number of enchancements - but we'll work in future on that, and will be looking for a solution in the next version.

Thanks again for the notice!

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11863

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
There must be some way? I see if I enable always wrap kayako in joomla, then a link from google to my old knowledgebase articles redirect to the wrap, but the homepage of he knowledgebase is displayed and not the article that the link should have regdirected too, if I look at the souce of your product, this line indicates it should work?

document.location.href = '<?php echo JURI::root();?>index.php?option=com_jk_bridge&Itemid=<?php echo $this->Itemid;?>&url=' + url2;

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11864

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
This is the decider on whether to use this product and purchase it or not as I have many links out there pointing to articles which cannot be broken.

Thanks again

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11870

• Ann
Hi,
apologies for the delay - if you please give us a couple of days we will make a modification to the component that will allow linking directly.
I'll notify you here of the update.

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11871

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
That is the perfect answer to my question. Thanks very much for the enthusiasm to assist in this change. I look forward to hearing from you!

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11889

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any update on this yet? any ETA? my trial is about to expire. Thanks

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11892

• Ann
Hi,
yes should be ready tomorrow, please don't worry about the trial expiration - I'll extend it for you if necessary.

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11899

• Ann
Hi,
please check your email - just emailed you the instaructions to the new fixed archive.
Kind regards!

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 9 months ago #11904

• Brett
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the new release, I have a noticed a few bugs and problems:

I noticed a hash "#" has emerged most likely from your code to bookmark pages and assist in direct linking, however it has stopped me from using the browser history, ie forward and back buttons.

BUG #1
(Via joomla wrapper mode)If I browse to a kayako article from a category link and then try the browser's "back" button, it only removes the url that was added to get to the article in the adress bar, but it doesnt take me back to the previous page. ( Tested in both IE8 and Firefox )

(Via kayako support suite outside of Joomla)If I browse to a kayako article, it duplicates and sometimes triples the link in the address bar after the hash "#" ie support.mysite.com/index.php?_m=knowledg...nowledgebase&_a=view

BUG #2
I cannot use my kayako system if it runs on a subdomain, ie support.mydomain.com. As your bridge requires a setting in the config "Please,enter Kayako path relative to your domain (for example: '/kayako' or '/joomla/kayako' ) " this relative path would need to reflect my kayako url to be www.mydomain.com/support with the config /support as its setting. However, then my license for kayako has issues as it is licensed to the subdomain.

Again, I would prefer to keep the subdomain as is for the various links I have established through time in my various documentation that points to the subdomain support URL. Is it possible for you to make your bridge compatible with kayako that runs on a subdomain instead of a folder within the root?

Thanks again for the progress to date

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 4 months ago #12773

• shakir
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I am continuously watching this topic as the trial version is no more there. I would appreciate if you could let us know the bugs listed above are already solved? or are you working on it to resolve them? As these are critical for my application as well.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Is this possible? Direct link to knowledgebase 8 years 4 months ago #12778

• Nana
Hi,
In the latest version we've already fixed the BUG#1.
BUG#2, this's subdomain issue (subdomain is the same as separate domain in programming). Then: 1) it's impossible to make autologin, because there's no way to save cookie for different domain using PHP scripts; 2) to resize window with appropriate size is impossible for the subdomain.
So if you'd like to use kayako as wrapped version in any way, the solution is to use the subfolder instead of subdomain (site.com/kayako)
In any case, the sync features work fine, but without option of autologin. (Option:"Please, enter kayako path relative to your domain requires only for this.")
Regards
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.