additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Joomla - SMF bridge > How easy it is?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How easy it is?

How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13518

Hello
I need badly to connect my smf 2.0 rc3 with joomla 1.5.
I am thinking to buy this product
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communi.../forum-bridges/11442

I want some informations please.
Since i dont know anything about coding...and just a little things only about joomla and mostly about editing the catalogues and news.
How easy it is?To bridge via this product?
I couldnt find a guide to explain what are the steps and i am afraid if it is too diffucult and need to know much things.

Also i want on my portal to have some blocks on the right like "Recent topics" and "most popular topics"
It is included on this product bridge?
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13521

• Nana
Hello Nikos,

You don't need any special knowledge in order to use bridge.

1) Install it and its plugins on your site, publish them.
2) Set it, i.e. do the following: specify the path to the forum on site and select the bridges options, that you need (autologin, synchronization and so on). It's quite easy.

You could test JVB bridge on our demo site(demo.joomplace.com/administrator/), they're very similar.

3) Create a menu item for the bridge (i.e. for forum, as the forum will be opened there).

>>> Also i want on my portal to have some blocks on the right like "Recent topics" and "most popular topics"
There's no such an option by default, but we could offer you our custom development services.

The bridge allows to display the forum in Joomla, to synchronize the users, to autologin (it can log in Joomla and on forum at the same time).

If you have more questions, please ask.

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13525

Thank you alot.
I dont have much questions for now
I will give soon a shot to your product:)
But i will need your custom service since i need too bad at my portal the blocks of last posts/topics:)
I guess when i order it via visa i can have it almost in a few seconds ready for download?
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Nikos papakos.

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13532

• Nana
You're welcome.

I'm not sure how many seconds it takes, but anyway you're right.

Wish you good luck

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13533

I am ready to proceed but i have this one problem.
My smf is installed on my webserver without to be in another directory.All of his folders and files are throw up there.On html server directory.
Joomla is also there in one folder.
So what can i do now?
Make a folder "SMF" cut and paste all folders and files of smf in this new folder. And then drop this folder inside Joomla folder?
Before i start the bridge...
It wont make problem to link paths?

Second i want to install at my joomla after the bridge the extention Jreviews. That is for reviews if you know.
Need to make something specific about it?
Or it will be connected automatic with smf also?I mean the users smf profiles that they write the reveiews.

I will be glad also if you will be able to help me make the blocks of recents posts/topics in 4-5 hours:)

thanks alot and sorry for the bothering!

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13536

edit : speaked with my host and it is not problem. Joomla and SMF are on the same domain. Same account.

Just please take care my problem with my payment and the last topics block:) Emailed you.

Last topics block it will be like this for example...
the most new 15 topics and the form if it is possible....

"name of topic" from "nickname that posted the last post on this topic" (today 13:10 "link of board that belongs the topic")

bmw 310 from nick (today 13:10 cars)

And the topics will be in a row depending the newests post on them.

I dont want a block like the last posts and have in your block

re:cars from xx1
re:cars from nick
re:cinema from nick2
re:cinema....

sorry if i am sound a bit pressing but i am too anxious:)
Hope until tommorow late evening everything will be fine.
thanks

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13538

• Nana
1) It's better when the forum is in a separate folder.

2) If you'd like to use our custom development services, we could create Joomla module for latest posts, it'll look like the following:
demo.joomplace.com/index.php?option=com_...cle&id=26&Itemid=123

3) Would you like "Jreviews" to work together with the forum?
Unfortunately, the bridge couldn't help with it. The bridge shows the forum in Joomla, autologin and synchronize the users.

4) Please note if a user has been moved on forum, s/he should login Joomla at least one time in order to login then directly on forum. (The credentials should be the same).

Regards

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13543

2) well i want something like this but not writing the first lines of eatch post...

3) about Jreviews i was meaning about cb profiles.
So i guess if the guys that writes the reviews are joomla members then automatically become and smf.

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13544

I just made it:) i mean i bought your product and i will try to install as soon is possible.

Shoot when you can which plugin from the zip that i downloaded i ll must install first or it doesnt matter?
I thought that it would be a guide with instructions on the download packet...

I want to ask also if you know any way to have this feature also:
when i am writing to article sections a article that it will be published to my joomla portal when you read it to have a link at the end that i will saying "For comments" and it will link you to a topic at a board on my smf forum where users will be able to write posts.
Next to "For comments" it will have a number also saying the replies on this topic. (35 replies)

On the redirected topic it will have also a link automatically on first post that it will say "concerning the article read"
that if a user press it it will go you back to the article on the catalogue to read it.
i think something like this was the discuss bot of Joomlahacks...a bot that was took content from Joomla, and created a topic in SMF, and a link from the content to the topic for discussion.

And for to have only the TOP MENU of joomla instead of Smf top menu what i need to do?is diffucult?

Also it is possible to make default the registration form of SMF for a new user that want to register to my site first time instead of the one of Joomla?

I guess that the default users profiles will be smf also?

And another important thing i wont have to reinstall my SMF MODS?

Thanks alot for your patient:)

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13547

I installed your bridge.
Everything went fine even if at the start i had some diffuculties to find why cb plug in isn't installed.
But i have still a few problems even if i sychronized my users.
I installed also the Community builder component.For to make full install of your product.

I bridged both without wrapping my smf forum on Joomla.

So...
1)First of all how i ll have on my top Menu of joomla a forum link?

2)Also i dont want the register form of Community builder. I prefer the smf form or even the joomla register form.

3)And the most important i dont want to see my users profile in Community builder style!!!
I want their SMF profiles look!

4)The most worst...when i log to Joomla and seems that i am connected also in smf forum when i try to go at a child board or board that needs to be registered member says me to log again...

5)Why on the bottom of www.mysite.com/Forum shows double time "Forum stats" "Online users" Should i rewrite files forums?

6)I noticed that the theme is screwed up back to default blue when i access any other page of my forum even the forum stats:)
I dont know if it is a problem of not correctly patch of my theme.
I couldent use the patch button from your bridge so i wrote the code that you had on help section.
If you can't patch the template by this method go to the forum root directory / Themes / your template directory and edit the file 'index.template.php'. Find '</head>' tag and before it add the following lines:
this one......
My theme is rgbbcurve 203

7)I want when i am on forum page to have on top the Joomla TOP MENU instead of smf.
Maybe i should use wrapp forum option?
But i dint want to be my forum in the first page on portal in the article section. Only via link forum on the top menu.

Please help me and fix these small easy things for you...i have desperated so much..
Thanks alot.

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 11 months ago #13549

hello nana since i see you online hope for a answer soon:)
I need tommorow evening to have solve the most problems of them:)

Re: How easy it is? 7 years 10 months ago #13577

• Nana
Hi,

Trying to cover all your questions, perhaps, there will be some answers - 'just for information' (as you've investigated some issues).

>>> Shoot when you can which plugin from the zip that i downloaded i ll must install first or it doesnt matter?

1) Install the component and the plugins (don't forget to publish them and place them at the end of the plugins' list).
2) Set the component, specify the path to the forum, patch it.
3) Create a menu for the bridge.

What regards to the feature you asked, we don't know about such scripts. But we can develop it as a custom if it's required.

>>> And for to have only the TOP MENU of joomla instead of Smf top menu what i need to do?is diffucult?

This is not too difficult. Some knowledge of Joomla, SMF configuration and slicing are just required.

>>> Also it is possible to make default the registration form of SMF for a new user that want to register to my site first time instead of the one of Joomla?

We can add the plugin that will redirect the users to SMF registration or you can easily add yourself a link to registration to SMF instead of Joomla.

>>> I guess that the default users profiles will be smf also?

It will be if you put the links to these profiles. It is impossible by default. The additional development is required.

>>> And another important thing i wont have to reinstall my SMF MODS?

Our script (SMF Bridge) doesn’t make any hacks with your forum (just small template is inserted), so you can update it and reinstall, and install new mods.

>>> i had some diffuculties to find why cb plug in isn't installed.
But i have still a few problems even if i sychronized my users.
I installed also the Community builder component.For to make full install of your product.

Our bridge doesn’t require any CB or JomSocial installed. Just the plugins in the installation package. If you have CB installed, you should also install the plugin.

>>> 1)First of all how i ll have on my top Menu of joomla a forum link?

Create a menu item.

>>> 2)Also i dont want the register form of Community builder. I prefer the smf form or even the joomla register form.

If you don’t want, you must not use it. It's up to you.

>>> 3)And the most important i dont want to see my users profile in Community builder style!!!
I want their SMF profiles look!

Just do it.

>>> 4) when i log to Joomla and seems that i am connected also in smf forum when i try to go at a child board or board that needs to be registered member says me to log again...

You can synchronize in the following way: login Joomla at least one time in order to login Kayako after synchronization from Joomla. Have you done it?

>>> 5)Why on the bottom of www.mysite.com/Forum shows double time "Forum stats" "Online users" Should i rewrite files forums?

This is you forum issue.

>>> What concerns 6 and 7 points, it is not a bridge support issue, this is just relative development or Joomla/smf knowledge. If you want our help with the configuration of your site, please provide all the requirements and we will estimate how much it will cost. (It's better to do in the ticket - www.joomplace.com/helpdesk/index.php)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.