additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Joomla - SMF bridge > SMF Bridge Configuration Issue
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SMF Bridge Configuration Issue

SMF Bridge Configuration Issue 7 years 4 months ago #14422

• Wayne
  • Fresh Boarder
I have Joomla installed in the main root directory and SMF 2.0 RC4 installed in a directory named "forum" within the root directory with Joomla.

When I try to configure SMF Bridge via "Auto" with the correct path to the forum directory appearing, it consistantly states: Forum setting file doesn't exist in the stated path. The file exists there, but for some reason the bridge cannot locate it.

Any help on this please?

Is SMF Bridge ver. 2.0.3 compatably with SMF 2.0 RC4? Are their any file permission settings that need to be done with SMF Bridge files?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SMF Bridge Configuration Issue 7 years 3 months ago #14714

• Nana
Hello,

In Joomla! please open the menu Help > System info, where you should choose "Directory Permissions".

At the bottom the pathes to Joomla's Cache Directory and Temp Directory will be written. Check if it concurs with the data, you input in the bridge settings. There could be something like this:

Temp Directory ($tmp_path) home/user/public_html/tmp

If it's so, then it concurs (i.e. the path to public_html is the same).

If the path is correct, perhaps, the file with forum settings isn't available for reading for the bridge. Then you can try to set manually the parameters of forum database.

Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.