additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Joomla - SMF bridge > smf patcher issue (404 redirects)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: smf patcher issue (404 redirects)

smf patcher issue (404 redirects) 8 years 1 week ago #13898

• HB
  • Fresh Boarder
If I patch my smf template, which I very much want to do, then I get strange redirects that end up being 404'd after the page loads. This happened with both RC3 and RC4.

Everything functions fine unless I click a message link such as:
http://sitename.com/smf/index.php?topic=610.msg2311#msg2311
It will load the page then try to redirect to:
http://sitename.com/smf/msg2311
Which gets me the 404.

Anchored links, which I use in the OP of some threads as a TOC also cause this issue:
http://sitename.com/smf/index.php?topic=610.0#post_Anchor_Here
becomes
http://sitename.com/smf/post_Anchor_Here
Which gets me the 404.

These are embedded in some forum posts and used in links for the "Recent Posts" page. This issue goes away the instant I unpatch the template.

This was happening on an unmodded RC3 install and is still happening on the updated RC4 install.

Any thoughts or fixes?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: smf patcher issue (404 redirects) 8 years 1 week ago #13930

• Nana
Hello,

Unfortunately, this bug wasn't repeated on our site. Would you please provide the link to your forum?

Re:smf patcher issue (404 redirects) 8 years 1 week ago #13933

• HB
  • Fresh Boarder
Since my first post I have reworked my site so that I can use the "Always wrap forum in Joomla" without it looking goofy and as long as I do that the issue goes away. The page still does a redirect after loading, but it doesn't throw me back to the home page.

So that you can see what I am talking about I have disabled "Always wrap forum in Joomla."

If you navigate to the forums by going to main site and click on "The Forums" the bug doesn't present itself. If you click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and then click the title link in one of the listed posts it will bring it up ok and then do a page direct that appears to do nothing. If you check your navigation history you should see this.

Now, while I no longer need to access my forums outside of the main site wrapper, for now, I have changed settings to allow it so you can see the bug (Note: I may go this route in the future so I can dynamically adjust the forum theme for mobile devices). If you navigate directly to the forums by going to smf directory the bug present itself when you click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and then click the title link in one of the listed posts. It will load the page and then do a page direct that destroys the link and my site responds by putting you back to the home page. SEF redirect?
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by HB.

Re:smf patcher issue (404 redirects) 8 years 1 week ago #13938

• Nana
Thank you. We understood you.

Our support of navigation 'back-forward' works in such a way. Bridge analyses what is in the page address after the sign #. And as if one more # appears on forum in the link, so it calls one more 'redirect' and bridge consider it as a user click 'back' or 'forward' in the browser.

If it's possible provide us FTP access, please send it to www.joomplace.com/helpdesk/index.php/ together with this thread's link. Then if you don't need this forum feature, we could remove it.

Please keep me informed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.