Home > Forum > Free extensions > JoomPhpBB bridge > Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards

Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 10 months ago #12357

I have Joomla 1.5.15, Community Builder 1.2.2 and phpBB3 3.0.7PL1 (all latest at this time). I just purchased this bridge this morning. I do not use the wrapper feature, I use the bridge solely as a means of keeping users synchronized and to log my users in/out of both Joomla and phpBB3 at the same time. Installation was simple, and things initially appeared to work as expected. I was able to log into Joomla, and users that were logged into Joomla were automatically logged into phpBB3. Logging out of either one also logged the user out of the other. It seemed to be a success.

Now nothing works. Some options appear to be backwards in the configuration panel. For example, in the "Forum users" panel, if I set a user as "Active", he shows up as "Disabled" in phpBB and "Enabled" in Joomla. If I have a user set to "Active" in phpBB, he cannot log in to Joomla, it says the username and password is wrong. I have to purposely turn that setting off for the user to be able to log into Joomla, but then when that user moves to the forum, he gets logged out automatically.

This is really not going well. Nothing works and my site is broken.
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Tiffany Pincombe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 10 months ago #12359

I tried disabling the bridge altogether, and now all my phpBB3 accounts are locked and no-one can access the forum.

Re: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 10 months ago #12377

• Ann
Hi,
apologies for a delay - we had a long weekend,
would it be possible for you to provide the temporary admin access to your site?
You can email it at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it together with this thread's link, we'll check the settings and investigate the issue.

Re: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 10 months ago #12380

I already sent an email to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it a couple days ago

Please see email and reply there.

Thanks,

Re: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 3 months ago #13973

• Marcel Neumann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Got the same problem. And much more.

I installed these packages:
- Joomla 1.5.22 german
- community builder 1.2.3 german
- phpBB3 3.0.7-PL1 german

#1. When I set a forum user enabled in Joomla Backend -> Joomphpbb -> Forum Users the User is disabled in phpBB3 and shown in the components list "forum users" as disabled too.

#2. As second.
Joomla and phpbb3 was installed with the same username and password. There exist no chance to sync them with joomphpbb bridge.

#3. When I insert the record by hand in phpmyadmin my profile works fine and was syncronized with phpbb and shown in the components list "forum users" as syncronized as well. But when session expiried or when I log out I am no longer able to login in frontend and backend in joomla and phpbb.

#4. In phpbb3 you can set custom profile fields similar to community builder. But the component does not support to synconize these fields. Even not all existing fields in phpbb can sync by default.

I am very disappointed about it. Please solve these problems. Otherwise, I would like my money back.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marcel Neumann.

Re: Can't Login, Options Appear Backwards 7 years 3 months ago #13975

Yeah, I gave up on this product long ago. Got my money back, went with JFusion, and haven't had a problem since. Free, easy and reliable. I highly recommend it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds