additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > JoomPhpBB bridge > Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB

Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16768

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
After installing the joomphpbb3 bridge I think I have enabled everything I need to for it to work properly, but when I login under a sample joomla username, I get logged into the forum, but a new user in phpbb is not created. I was hoping the joomla username would also be registered in phpbb3. Is there a way for this to automatically happen?

I am also having difficulty with existing members of the phpbb before I installed the bridge. If I look at the forum users in the backend of my joomla website it shows that they are users, but they are not synched with Joomla. How do I synch those existing phpbb members. I am included in this because I am the super admin for joomla and phpbb. I have different usernames for Joomla and phpbb however. Should I just switch them so they are the same name?

I really need this fixed fast, because I expect to have a lot of new visitors to the website this weekend.

Zac
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Zac Penn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16772

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay I don't know what I did, but now the bridge is not working at all. I tried to get the forum to be wrapped in the joomla website, and it worked for a little while, but not it just "thinks" (preloading image keeps spinning) and nothing ever happens. I can see it redirecting, then redirecting, then redirecting, but it never finishes.

Please visit uftailgating.com then click on the forums link and see what happens.

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16773

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
I also went back and looked at the installation instructions, and it says I need to find the License area and enter in some number. I don't know where to find the license number, nor where I would need to enter it. I really need to get this running soon.

Zac

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16782

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Hello Zac,

We have checked the front-end of your website and found two problems.

1) Bridge opens forum via link uftailgating.com/forum/forum/, i.e. somewhere in settings "/forum" is specified twice, most likely either in Domain name or Script path. If "/forum" is specified in both fields, delete it from Domain name.
2) Website and forum can be accessed via link containing www as well as via the one without www (www.uftailgating.com/uftailgating.com). Browser thinks these are different domains which results in security limitations. Besides, autologin and wrapping in Joomla! won't operate in Bridge.

To fix this, please make sure that the website is accessed via www.uftailgating.com. If it is opened via uftailgating.com, make sure automatic redirect to www.uftailgating.com occurs.
Please add the following strings to the .htaccess file:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^uftailgating.com$ [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.uftailgating.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Should other questions arise, feel free to contact us.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16790

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
Maria_B wrote:
Hello Zac,

We have checked the front-end of your website and found two problems.

1) Bridge opens forum via link uftailgating.com/forum/forum/, i.e. somewhere in settings "/forum" is specified twice, most likely either in Domain name or Script path. If "/forum" is specified in both fields, delete it from Domain name.

Yes you were right about this and I corrected in the configuration panel.

2) Website and forum can be accessed via link containing www as well as via the one without www (www.uftailgating.com/uftailgating.com). Browser thinks these are different domains which results in security limitations. Besides, autologin and wrapping in Joomla! won't operate in Bridge.

To fix this, please make sure that the website is accessed via www.uftailgating.com. If it is opened via uftailgating.com, make sure automatic redirect to www.uftailgating.com occurs.

Is this corrected by going to Components<Joomphp3 bridge<Configuration<Forum<General and where it says Domain Name: insert "www.uftailgating.com"

Please add the following strings to the .htaccess file:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^uftailgating.com$ [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.uftailgating.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I am using a SEO Mod on my board so I am going to include the whole file so you can see what is there. Please look it over and see what needs to be changed....

# Lines That should already be in your .htacess
<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>
<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

# You may need to un-comment the following lines
# Options +FollowSymlinks
# To make sure that rewritten dir or file (/|.html) will not load dir.php in case it exist
# Options -MultiViews
# REMEBER YOU ONLY NEED TO STARD MOD REWRITE ONCE
RewriteEngine On
# Uncomment the statement below if you want to make use of
# HTTP authentication and it does not already work.
# This could be required if you are for example using PHP via Apache CGI.
# RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
# REWRITE BASE
RewriteBase /
# HERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO FORCE CANONICAL DOMAIN
# RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.uftailgating\.com$ [NC]
# RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.uftailgating.com/$1 [QSA,L,R=301]

# DO NOT GO FURTHER IF THE REQUESTED FILE / DIR DOES EXISTS
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule . - [L]
#####################################################
# PHPBB SEO REWRITE RULES ALL MODES
# AUTHOR : dcz www.phpbb-seo.com
# STARTED : 01/2006
#################################
# FORUMS PAGES
###############
# FORUM INDEX REWRITERULE WOULD STAND HERE IF USED. "forum" REQUIRES TO BE SET AS FORUM INDEX
# RewriteRule ^forum/forum\.html$ /forum/index.php [QSA,L,NC]
# FORUM ALL MODES
RewriteRule ^forum/(forum|[a-z0-9_-]*-f)([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/viewforum.php?f=$2&start=$4 [QSA,L,NC]
# TOPIC WITH VIRTUAL FOLDER ALL MODES
RewriteRule ^forum/(forum|[a-z0-9_-]*-f)([0-9]+)/(topic|[a-z0-9_-]*-t)([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/viewtopic.php?f=$2&t=$4&start=$6 [QSA,L,NC]
# TOPIC WITHOUT FORUM ID & DELIM ALL MODES
RewriteRule ^forum/([a-z0-9_-]*)/?(topic|[a-z0-9_-]*-t)([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/viewtopic.php?forum_uri=$1&t=$3&start=$5 [QSA,L,NC]
# PHPBB FILES ALL MODES
RewriteRule ^forum/resources/[a-z0-9_-]+/(thumb/)?([0-9]+)$ /forum/download/file.php?id=$2&t=$1 [QSA,L,NC]
# PROFILES ALL MODES WITH ID
RewriteRule ^forum/(member|[a-z0-9_-]*-u)([0-9]+)\.html$ /forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=$2 [QSA,L,NC]
# USER MESSAGES ALL MODES WITH ID
RewriteRule ^forum/(member|[a-z0-9_-]*-u)([0-9]+)-(topics|posts)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/search.php?author_id=$2&sr=$3&start=$5 [QSA,L,NC]
# GROUPS ALL MODES
RewriteRule ^forum/(group|[a-z0-9_-]*-g)([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=$2&start=$4 [QSA,L,NC]
# POST
RewriteRule ^forum/post([0-9]+)\.html$ /forum/viewtopic.php?p=$1 [QSA,L,NC]
# ACTIVE TOPICS
RewriteRule ^forum/active-topics(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics&start=$2&sr=topics [QSA,L,NC]
# UNANSWERED TOPICS
RewriteRule ^forum/unanswered(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/search.php?search_id=unanswered&start=$2&sr=topics [QSA,L,NC]
# NEW POSTS
RewriteRule ^forum/newposts(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&start=$2&sr=topics [QSA,L,NC]
# UNREAD POSTS
RewriteRule ^forum/unreadposts(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /forum/search.php?search_id=unreadposts&start=$2 [QSA,L,NC]
# THE TEAM
RewriteRule ^forum/the-team\.html$ /forum/memberlist.php?mode=leaders [QSA,L,NC]
# HERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO ADD OTHER PHPBB RELATED REWRITERULES

# FORUM WITHOUT ID & DELIM ALL MODES
# THESE FOUR LINES MUST BE LOCATED AT THE END OF YOUR HTACCESS TO WORK PROPERLY
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^forum/([a-z0-9_-]+)(-([0-9]+))\.html$ /forum/viewforum.php?forum_uri=$1&start=$3 [QSA,L,NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^forum/([a-z0-9_-]+)\.html$ /forum/viewforum.php?forum_uri=$1 [QSA,L,NC]
# FIX RELATIVE PATHS : FILES
RewriteRule ^forum/.+/(style\.php|ucp\.php|mcp\.php|faq\.php|download/file.php)$ /forum/$1 [QSA,L,NC,R=301]
# FIX RELATIVE PATHS : IMAGES
RewriteRule ^forum/.+/(styles/.*|images/.*)/$ /forum/$1 [QSA,L,NC,R=301]
# END PHPBB PAGES

Should other questions arise, feel free to contact us.

Thanks for the help,
Zac

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16791

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I think I have figure out a solution to this, but I have no idea how to make it work...

If you go to www.uftailgating.com/forum it keeps redirecting and nothing happens.

If you go to uftailgating.com/forum it goes to the board like it is supposed to, and it changes the link to... uftailgating.com/index.php?option=com_jo...ailgating.com/forum/

Once you are able to see the board, if you hover over some of the links on the page you will notice that MOST of them start with www. If you just click on the link joomla goes crazy, but if you copy the link location, paste it in the address bar and manually remove the www. then the link works just fine.

So the problem lies in the fact that www. is causing all the problems. I would prefer if everything showed up as www.uftailgating.com but I have no idea how to make this fix.

Another issue I am having is logging into the phpbb message board. Everytime I click on the login button it redirects me back to my homepage. I gone to Menu Item Manager<Main Menu<UF Tailgating Forum and selected "No Redirect" for Redirect Phpbb Login but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I have no idea what I am doing and I am freaking out that this will not be completely fixed by Friday.

Zac

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16802

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't know why it didn't work this morning...Maybe because it had the # signs in front of the code, but I tried all sorts of other redirect codes with none of them working. I then went back to your code, but removed the # signs in front of it and it worked great.

I am still having two issues that I need to have figured out.

My Username on Joomla/CB is Zac
My Username on PhpBB3 is Zac

When I log into the joomla site I get access to my profile and all that good stuff, but when i click on the link to go to the forum I am no longer logged in. If I click the login button in phpbb then it redirects to the joomla page and I just go in circles. I am never able to log in to phpbb as the administrator. How do I fix this?

When a new user registers with the Joomla site, and click on the message board link, they are automatically logged into the phpbb message board, but they are not recognized as a new member in the statistics area, nor are they counted as total members. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Zac

I have created a temporary admin and I would like for you to have access to the backend of the website to see if you can fix this. Please supply me with the proper e-mail address and I will send the info asap. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check your e-mail tomorrow and look into this. I will have a lot of traffic this weekend and it needs to be perfect.

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16804

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hello Zac,

You are welcome to submit temporary access to our helpdesk with reference to this forum thread.

We'll address the issue as soon as possible since you want to have it fixed quickly.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16823

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
I have tried, and tried, and tried to get this to work properly, but I just haven't been able too.

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16824

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hello Zac,

Kindly see the answer in the ticket you submitted.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Joomla member not being registered in PHPBB 6 years 9 months ago #16826

• Zac Penn
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you again for all the help you provided. I am just not computer savy enough to mess with these types of things. Your support was great.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.