additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Multisites Site Manager component > Multisites pre sale question
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multisites pre sale question

Multisites pre sale question 7 years 4 months ago #14110

• Marcel Neumann
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am interested in your component. Before I decide to buy, I must have some questions clarified. I have some functional requirements.

# 1 Multi login:
This means that the user is also logged in to the slave websites when he logs on to the master website. So a kind of session synchronizing.
# 1.1. Multi-way login:
Login on all pages when log on the master or slaves.

# 2 Multi-session:
When the user navigate from master to slave or navigate between the pages then the user should stay logged in on all websites.

# 3 Remember me:
When the user set on the master page 'remember me'. This setting should be transmitted to the slave websites.

# 4 Synchronizing tables:
I must define by meyself which tables need to be synchronized.
# 4.1 Synchronizing fields:
If possible I would like to define by myself for each field whether it should be synchronized.

# 5 Synchronizing two-way
Synchronizing from master to slave. From slave to master. from slave to slave. Is that possible?

# 6 Synchronizing settings:
It should not synced all slave websites with same content from source master. I need to set the target slave website(s) that I want to sync with master for each table.

# 7 seperate modules, components, plugins and templates:
Each slave need to have its own components, modules, templates, and plugins. I need to configure for each slave.

# 8 Jomsocial compatible

# 9 Joomfish compatible

Please let me know if your product match with the requirements and go with your answer to each of my points and please explain if possible.

with kind regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wholesaledesign, , , , , , , , , ...

Re: Multisites pre sale question 7 years 3 months ago #14207

• Nana
Hello Marcel,

# 1. As I understood, master and slave sites are on Joomla.
It's possible, if the sites are on one domain. It can be different sub-domains, e.g., master site is mysite.com, a slave site is slave.mysite.com.

# 1.1. It's not clear what do you mean by "Login on all pages". In Joomla there's one login for all pages on front-end. So it's possible, please see #1.

# 2 It's possible. Please see #1.

# 3 It's possible. Please see #1.

# 4 It's possible. The parameters of subsites database should be specified.

# 4.1 It's possible.

# 5 It's possible. But the problems with duplicating can appear. It's necessary a central place, where all information about data synchronization (e.g., database of master site) will be stored. It will help to avoid a problem.

# 6 I.e. you want to select a slave site and replace all its tables with master site tables or to complement with missing data. Is it right?
It's possible.
All these synchronizations have the nuance with duplication. How should be identified the difference between data? How could you avoid the duplication? Please note it's not always definetely, so the duplication can occur.
The same thing with content synchronizing. The data of tables, but also the images should be copied. It can concern the avatars and so on.

# 7 It's possible.

# 8 What do you mean by "Jomsocial compatible"? Is it "synchronization"?

# 9 What do you mean by "Joomfish compatible"? Is it synchronization of JoomFish data, if the content is synchronized?

In general, such a system can be done. But we don't have a ready one, it should be developed from scratch. If you're interested in, we could help you (contact us www.joomplace.com/helpdesk/index.php and then please send the link to this forum).

Kind regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds