additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > MultisitesContent > ArtBanner table synchronization
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ArtBanner table synchronization

ArtBanner table synchronization 9 years 10 months ago #8594

I have used several of your components now, and don't think the the MultiSites Content component will work for me.

I am considering using your MultiSites Manager to do this,

But, here is what I want to do..

Syncronize several database tables.

Table 1
Table 2
Table 3

tables are the same in each site. It is a Joomla site.

Database user and password (and host = localhost) are the same for all sites.

DATABASES TO BE SYNCRONIZED...

Main Site
database: mysite_main-site

SUB-Site 1
database: mysite_sub-site-1

SUB-Site 2
database: mysite_sub-site-2

SUB-Site 3
database: mysite_sub-site-3

So, I am looking for a php script that can be activated with a cron job. But I can also activate the php script from time to time.

It will synchronize/copy Tables 1, 2, & 3 from the Main site, and into each sub-site.

Again, this is for ArtBanner, and I will also need to synchronize/copy the banner file folder from main to all the subsites.

So, the same php script can do the databases and the file folder operation.

I would really appreciate the help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ArtBanner table synchronization 9 years 10 months ago #8595

• Ann
Hi!
Just using Multisites Manager won't do the job. We can develop a CRON script that will replicate the functional of database copying, but there are two variants of implementing that:
-we can develop a universal solution with the needed configuration settings and etc. This will take around 8 business days (64 hours);

- we can just develop an individual solution for you - and it will take approximately 4 business days (32 hours).

Please note that our rate is 30USD per hour.
If you'd like to work on this project, let us know.

Kind regards!

Re:ArtBanner table synchronization 9 years 10 months ago #8603

So, I was thinking of using the MultiSites Manager PROFTP, in the next upgrade of these sites, to bring them together a bit.

I was thinking MultiSites would work.

The operation would need to be a bit more than previously stated. If a banner is only located in a zone at the subsite(s), then clicks and impressions would not show-up on the main site. Well, none of the clicks and impressions from subsites will show up on the main site, where all management will take place. The cron will also need to sum these columns/cells from a particular table, then replace sum on the main site, then wipe the subsites ArtBanner or iJoomla AddAgency tables, and copy the new Published banners from main to the subsites.

Hope that make sence.

But this is what I was thinking MultiSite Manager would let me do. Manage Banners for all sites from the main site.

Your support would be great!!!

Re:ArtBanner table synchronization 9 years 10 months ago #8657

• Ann
Hi!
The Multisites Managet won't do that, because the association of the banner's id will be lost.
And the MS Control component won't do that because it works with standard Joomla banners only.

So the customization is needed.
Kind regards!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.