additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > MultisitesSearch > Is Multisites what I want??? Advice needed...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Multisites what I want??? Advice needed...

Is Multisites what I want??? Advice needed... 10 years 6 months ago #6243

• rowby goren
  • Junior Boarder
HI

Please tell me which, if any, JoomPlace software I would need for the following potential client:

It's for a college which will have about 20 separate joomla websites.

1) I would build the master site and then copy it to the 19 copied sites. I would then need to go in and modify the 19 other headers to reflect the content of those other sites. And make other text and graphic changes.

2) There would be a 21st site which would never be live to the public. It would be for testing new componets etc. Once those tests are completed I would want to clone those changes to the liv sites. Can this be done with the various elearning force software? One problem that I am not sure Elearning force could handle would be those special graphics and special text on those separate sites -- I would think I would have to go in afterwards and make those changes.

Rowby
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Is Multisites what I want??? Advice needed... 10 years 6 months ago #6312

• Daniel Ecer
Hi Rowby,

1) You would want to use Multisites for this (weather you need the Pro/ProFTP variant depends on the server configuration and whether you need a bit more control).

2) I don't think we offer a software that makes your life a lot easier in this regard. Problems I can see is that a component consists of:
  • - the files
  • - the database entry in the components table (or another one for modules/plugins)
  • - the components own database tables
  • - sometimes a component may modify existing data/files
The above makes it difficult to create generic solution for just any component.

Kind Regards

Daniel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.