additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > MultisitesSearch > MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0

MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 8 months ago #1686

Well, this is sorta related to my problem up in the Multisites Pro forum Update 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

After patching Multisites, I now am trying to update my Multisites Searching component. In this case, after unzipping the download it appears that I have actual component and module install packages. However, when I try to use the installers the install fails. In the case of the com_multisitessearch.zip file, I get the message 'Another component is already using directory: \"D:\webroot\components\com_multisitessearch\\"'

Are these actually patches (both the component and the module) that I should unzip and manually copy the files somewhere? And if so, where should I copy them? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks
Jeff Nelson
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 8 months ago #1696

• Bjarne Mortensen
You can just use FTP and overwrite the old files.
Thanks.

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 8 months ago #1718

OK, just to be sure I'm not messing anything up.

I copy the contents of com_multisitessearch to /components/com_multisitessearch/ or /administrator/components/com_multisitessearch/ or both?

I copy the contents of mod_miltisitessearch to /modules/mod_multisitessearch?

Thanks
Jeff Nelson

Post edited by: jnelson, at: 2006/12/18 18:42<br><br>Post edited by: jnelson, at: 2006/12/18 18:44

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 7 months ago #1725

Actually, I was asking questions in the previous post. Do I copy the files to the locations indicated?

Thanks
Jeff

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 7 months ago #1749

• Bjarne Mortensen
When updating to a new version you must overwrite the old files.
Unpack the zip files and use FTP.

A component usually has files in the folder components and in administrator/components.

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 7 months ago #1758

Understood. Thanks for the response. Since the server is sitting right here next to my desk and its running Windows Server 2003 (I know, boo, hiss) rather than some flavor of Linux I will copy rather than FTP.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Re:MultisitesSearch Update from 1.0 11 years 7 months ago #1759

• Bjarne Mortensen
Great!!

Windows??? very bad word............. ;-)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.