additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Subscription PRO/Deluxe > Single Site - Multiple Subscription
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Single Site - Multiple Subscription

Single Site - Multiple Subscription 11 years 5 months ago #2868

I have Subscription Pro Deluxe and have installed JACL and the Joomla patch.

I am trying to set up multiple subscriptions for different categories of the same site. I have set up, using JACL, access level 'Lesson1' and 'Lesson2'.

I have then set up user grooups 'grp_lesson1' and 'grp_lesson2' and assigned each to their respective access level.

I created pages for these lessons and assigned each lesson page its correct access level (i.e. Subscription Lesson 1 Page - Access Level 'Lesson1').

In subscription Pro I created 2 sites, one for each lesson and set each site's authentication action to 'Change user's group', then assigned the correct group to assign it to.

Individually THIS WORKS. When I attempt to subscribe to both sites at the same time, instead of creating one user in Joomla with both groups assigned, Joomla creates 2 user accounts with the same username and password - each assigned to a different user group ('grp_lesson1' and 'grp_lesson2' respectively.

When I log into joomla with the username I only am granted access to one subscription site. I open in a seperate browser the admin and view the users and I see only one of the user accounts are logged in.

CAN Subscription pro, with JACL enables, assign multiple usergroups to a single user account?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 11 years 5 months ago #2870

• Dmitry Pluzhnikov
Hello,

Try the following steps:
- Assign the user group 'grp_lesson1' with the 'Lesson1' access level.
- Assign the user group 'grp_lesson2' with access level 'Lesson1' and 'Lesson2' (all users in that group have access to content with level 'Lesson1' and 'Lesson2').
- Also you should assign subscriptions with user group's access level. In that way you avoid the situation when the user subscribe to last lesson and take access to all previous lessons. If user subscribe to the first lesson he will get access to subscription to the second lesson etc.

You have a single user account and multiple access levels for him.

If you thought you will have any troubles in set up action, please write to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Best Wishes
Anatolii

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 11 years 5 months ago #2878

This is good information, but the lessons are not heirarchial like you suggest. The lessons are on varous topics and should be able to be purchased in any order without having access to other lessons.

It seems like by what you are saying, it is more of a \"security through obscurity\" senario. The users would never know the addresses of the other lessons even if they had access to them.

I am more than willing to pay for support and if I know Subscription Pro will do what we need it to do, then I will gladly pay for you to configure this. But if it cannot do it, then there is no sense paying for support.

So do you think these lessons have to be heirarchial for this to work like you suggested?

(We are SO close with this!!!)

Thanks.

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 11 years 5 months ago #2879

• Dmitry Pluzhnikov
The lessons are on varous topics and should be able to be purchased in any order without having access to other lessons.

It is not difficult. You don't need in hierarchical structure.
you should create subscriptions with authentication action = 'Change user's group'.

Anatolii

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 9 years 7 months ago #10351

I didn't see a resolution to this, so I figured I should jump in. I have a similar situation.

I have a service with 10 courses. Each course can be purchase individually, or in combination with any other courses. So, for example, they could purchase course 2 and course 7 together. But, not necessarily in chronological order like course 1 and 2.

So, as you can see, I need to be able to grant rights to more than 1 course at a time.

It would be unmanageable to try and create a bunch of groups such as...

Group 1: Course 1
Group 2: Course 1, 2
Group 3: Course 1, 2, 3
Group 4: Course 1, 2, 3, 4
Group 5: Course 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Group 6: Course 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Group 7: Course 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Group 8: Course 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Group 9: Course 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Group 10: Course 1, 3
Group 11: Course 1, 3, 4
Group 12: Course 1, 3, 4, 5
Etc... you get my point. I would have more than 100 groups to manage.

Additionally, let's say someone purchases Course 1 today. Then, they decide six months from now that they want to add course 6. So, now they need access to both of those...

How can I set it up so that people have have access to multiple courses like this...where it simply adds a new one to the ones they already own.

Thanks.

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 9 years 7 months ago #10358

• Ann
Hi!
This is impossible to realize in Joomla, it doesn't support multiply groups for the users.

kind regards!

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 9 years 7 months ago #10361

Even if Joomla restricts to being able to assign a user to 1 access level, can't there at least be a way to assign multiple courses to a person rather than to an access level? You know...basically the way paid DOCMan does it?

I already paid for this extension...but it seems totally useless if people have to register for either one or all courses...no option for select courses.

Re:Single Site - Multiple Subscription 9 years 7 months ago #10363

• Ann
Hi!
That lays beyound the Joomla
  • Page:
Moderators: tom
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.