additional
Home > Forum > Free extensions > Subscription PRO/Deluxe > Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues

Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues 9 years 5 months ago #11079

• john
  • Junior Boarder
How do I get Subscription Deluxe (3.0) to work with Quiz Deluxe (2.3.9) properly in Joomla (1.5)?

With Quiz Deluxe (Registered) users are automatically allowed access by default to all quizes.

Subscription Deluxe is suposed to restrict user access to individual quizes by requiring a paid subscription to each quiz.

But registered users are still able to access quizes without a subscription by simply accessing the quizes direct URL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues 9 years 5 months ago #11081

• Ann
Hi!
It won't work the way you described it.
Subscription deluxe can either make a user registered after subscription, or change his usergroup.
You can user JACL component for making more groups than standard ones, and insert quizzes into content with the help of the provided mambot, then restrict the access to content items for group (that corresponds to the subscription).

or you can also assign quizzes to menu items, and restrict menu items access.
Deploying it other way will require custom modifications to components.

Kind regards!
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Ann.

Re:Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues 9 years 5 months ago #11089

• john
  • Junior Boarder
what mambot are you talking about when you say "insert quizzes into content with the help of the provided mambot"?

Even when I restrict menu items access to a different group, Quiz Deluxe is still defaulted to full access for all Registered users which means they can still type in the quizes URL and access it as a defult registered user.

I have been using NOIXACL instead of JACL. Is NOIXACL compatable with your software? So far it appears that NOIXACL is working fine, but not sure if there may be issues I am unaware of. Had tried JUNGA in the past but was not really 100% compatable with Quiz Deluxe.

Re:Subscription Deluxe/Quiz Deluxe User Issues 9 years 5 months ago #11098

• Ann
Hi!
I'm talking about mambot that we developed for Joomla quiz Deluxe, if you download the latest archive in your members area, you'll see a mambot there,

yes, if they still type in the url, they will be able to access the quiz, to overcome this we'll need to make a modification of the component (if you're interested in custom modification).

We haven't tested subscriptions with NOIXACL so we can't tell you that it's 100% compatible
Kind regards!
  • Page:
Moderators: tom
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.