additional
Home > Forum > Joomla components > Customers Who Bought... > Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories

Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories 6 years 8 months ago #15960

Once I create any magazine it is impossible to edit to add a thumbnail, rename or do anything to the magazine.

Problem is a bug on the field for entering a directory. The directory is entered by the system when creating the magazine but any attempt to edit then save delivers an error

"Subfolder name must contain only latin letters and digits"

The subdirectory is 2001-06 which was created making this magazine but can no longer edit due to this error. If I changed it the magazine would stop working...but it won't even allow a change to something like 201106 ( date for each issue is the year and the month )
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories 6 years 8 months ago #15967

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Dear Paul,

Generally speaking, changing directory after a magazine was created is not recommended since it can influence the magazine performance.

A the moment if you want to change a directory, you should create a new magazine. Note that the necessary directory should be specified while creating the magazine. Then, copy all pages from the old magazine to the new one (Pages->Copy) and delete the old one.

We are going to consider the possibility of enabling users to apply changes the way you tried to do it, however this will be done in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories 6 years 8 months ago #15968

I did not say I needed to change the sub folder. I said that I could not save ANY thing even if I leave the folder as it already is. I get that same error.

Re: Another bug in FlashMagazine re Directories 6 years 8 months ago #15983

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Hello Paul,

I will duplicate the answer here.

We implemented necessary fixes to the component once again so as not to have customers confused anymore. The updated version is already available for download.

The point was that the system didn't allow using special symbols in folders names. We have updated the component to enable users to create folders names containing dash and underscore.

We are sorry for asking you this, however we have to. Kindly delete all relevant folders you created earlier and make a magazine anew. No further issues are supposed to arise.

Should the problem still persist, however, let us know please and we will assist further.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
JoomPlace Support Team
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds