additional
Home > Forum > Joomla components > Joomla Drag&Drop > Two D&D columns an one fixed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Two D&D columns an one fixed

Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16280

Hi,

I recently installed D&D and is seems to work OK. The thing i'm missing however is using more than one list per page.

I have a traditional left-main-right layout and i would like the left and the right column to contain two different D&D lists. So that users can change the contents of the columns but the bloglayout in the middle remains unchanged.(see screenshot) I modified the install file so that all mentions of joomdragdrop have been changed to joomdragdrop2 and went ahead and installed. Duplicates of all DB tables were created. And i have two DD components in my backend. However if i choose a certain list for a page in one of them, the lists i selected in the other component disappear. Therefore i always have the "Drag&Drop Item wasn't chosen for this page.
Please report to administrator" error in one of my columns.

Has anyone ever done this before? Can someone shed some light on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Philip

DEND.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Philip Lages. Reason: attachment not found
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16286

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Dear Philip,

As a rule, message "Drag&Drop Item wasn't chosen for this page. Please report to administrator" appears when a Drag&Drop List is not assigned to a page (the specified menu item).
If you use Joomla! 1.5, please proceed to the administration area of the site, open the Menu Manager section and assign the necessary List drag drop to the corresponding menu item, i.e. to this page.
However please mind that you will have to modify slicing in one of the duplicate components because JavaScript will operate incorrectly that will result in impossibility to drag blocks (due to the same ID of tables in which dragged and dropped blocks are inserted).
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16287

Hi Maria,

I have the Drag & Drop component integrated in my template.
The code for the left colimn aswell as the code for the right column have been replaced with the php code for D&D.
So i have the menu item in the Joomla menu manager assigned to the default blog layout.
But in the D&D menu manager i chose a different D&D list in each instance of the component.
However the menu setting i do last, overwrites the settings of the other component.

Does this also relate to the javascript code?
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Philip Lages. Reason: forgot word

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16304

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hello Philip,

As far as we understand, JavaScript doesn't have anything to do with this.

Could you please provide temporary access to the administration area of the site so that we can address the problem directly and check the settings?

Feel free to submit a ticket via our helpdesk so as not to have private information revealed in public. Please include the link to the thread into the ticket. Thank you.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16307

Hi Maria,

Unfortunately the site is an intranet. So providing you with access to the site is is going to be difficult if not impossible.
I'll try yo set up access for you. I'll let you know on tuesday if this will work. And if it will i'll submit a ticket.
In the meanwhile consider this also a feature request for future versions. Being able to assign more than one list per menu item.
Thanks for now.

Philip

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 7 months ago #16329

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hello Philip,

Thank you for your ideas and cooperation.

We will add your suggestion to our Wish List to potentially be implemented in future releases.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: Two D&D columns an one fixed 6 years 4 months ago #18310

Thank you so much for your post.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds