Home > Forum > Joomla components > JoomlaFlashMagazine > Permissions [RESOLVED]
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Permissions [RESOLVED]

Permissions 4 years 1 month ago #23847

I'm building a site for a client and have just installed Flash Magazine Deluxe. I've set up a client user account that has limited admin access, i.e. just to areas that they need such as the ability to edit and configure articles, categories, etc. I don't want to give them full admin access to the site.

When setting up permissions for this user account the only permissions for Flash Magazine Deluxe are to allow viewing or previewing of magazines. It seems that the only way to allow them to edit and create magazines is to give them full admin access. Is there any way that I can edit the component files to allow this without giving them full admin access?

Cheers.
The topic has been locked.

Permissions 4 years 1 month ago #23864

• Victoria Shenaeva
Hi Garry,

I'm afraid, but the permissions type you are talking about isn't possible with the standard settings of Flash Magazine Deluxe.

Kind regards.

Permissions 4 years 1 month ago #23869

• doncht
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks for clarifying this. it would be rather nice to have this feature in the future though. Are there any plans for this yet?
Prosperity is the best protector of principle.

Permissions 4 years 1 month ago #23872

Hi Victoria and thanks for the response.

I managed to work around it though by adding the following:

<action name="core.admin" title="JACTION_ADMIN" description="JACTION_ADMIN_COMPONENT_DESC" />
<action name="core.manage" title="JACTION_MANAGE" description="JACTION_MANAGE_COMPONENT_DESC" />
<action name="core.create" title="JACTION_CREATE" description="JACTION_CREATE_COMPONENT_DESC" />
<action name="core.edit" title="JACTION_EDIT" description="JACTION_EDIT_COMPONENT_DESC" />

To <section name="component">

In the access.xml file: administrator/components/com_flashmagazinedeluxe/access.xml

Doncht, this worked for me but unfortunately allows global permissions settings so I'm going to look at coding around that one. If you want to allow deletes then also add:

<action name="core.delete" title="JACTION_DELETE" description="JACTION_DELETE_COMPONENT_DESC" />

Cheers

Garry
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds