Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: presale ... again

presale ... again 5 years 7 months ago #20745

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear team,

my wife wants to give private foreign Language lessons online, after searching the web seems that your compo does exactly what we need. Your media hosting seems also not expensive. However, some questions are still there...

- is it possible, using your demo site, to join a lesson as teacher and as student at the same time? Somehow I was not able to do that, would be nice to see connection quality.
- can student also draw to whiteboard, or only teacher?
- since we have already web hosting, can we order only media server hosting and Live conference component?

Waiting for your answer,

sincerly Miro M.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 7 months ago #20754

• Nadine
Greetings Miro,

1] “- is it possible, using your demo site, to join a lesson as teacher and as student at the same time? Somehow I was not able to do that, would be nice to see connection quality.”

You can use two different browsers (Firefox and Chrome, for example) to do that - login as teacher in one, and as student in another. This will let you test chat and whiteboard. If you want to check video / audio you will need two computers.

2] “- can student also draw to whiteboard, or only teacher?”

No, student cannot draw on whiteboard.

3] “- since we have already web hosting, can we order only media server hosting and Live conference component?”

In order for this component to work you need:
- Joomla site
- This component installed there
- FMS (Flash Media Server) hosting

So, yes – you can order only the component and media server hosting.

Kind regards,

Re: presale ... again 5 years 7 months ago #20767

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Nadine,

thanks for your answer. Since we have no experience in FMS hosting, please help us choosing correct service plan.
Our issue is simple, mostly private lessons with one teacher and one student, priority is set to sound quality, video will run in background only to see each other.
Will Basic service plan be sufficient? Please consider that we live in Austria, probably far away from your server.

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Miro M.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 7 months ago #20775

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Dear Mirom,

Basic service plan seems to be sufficient, but I'd rather you double checked to make sure it's exactly what you need.

The plan is usually to be selected based on a few properties, such as connections, bandwidth, diskspace etc. You are welcome to check out, for example, the influxis website which offers FMS plans as well as their detailed descriptions with pop up tips. Feel free to submit a request to Influxis support team to find out more information.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20813

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

and thanx for your time. I might be wrong, but it seems Component and Service plan have to be purchased by different shops:

Live Conference Component and
Service Plan.

Please confirm me that.

Wish you a nice day,

Miro M.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mirom.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20824

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hi Mirom,

Yes, you are right. Our company (joomplace.com) sells only the Live Conference extension, but for the component to run correctly you will need FMS hosting which we don't sell directly.

You are welcome to purchase it from our sister company (joomlalms.com) or from any FMS hosting provider of your choice. But please read carefully the Features tab of the component description page which - among other things - says "You can actually use any Flash Media Interactive hosting company you know, but please make sure that they deliver original Flash Media Interactive server. Mind that, for example, Red5 and Wowza are considered non-original".
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20900

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

It'n not presale anymore, since I purchased the component. However, since flashserver is not set yet, one issue is not clear for me - can teacher see and hear the student in one-to-one lesson or only students can see and hear the teacher?

I'm evaluating flash media server hosting from www.serverroom.us company. Any experiences?

Greetings,

Miro
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mirom.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20924

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hi Mirom,

As a matter of fact, one-to-one sessions are not supported by default.

As for the server, we haven't had any experience with it, but it seems like the right choice since it says "Interactive Flash Media Streaming Servers". You are welcome to contact the support team anyway to make sure it's really what is required - original interactive flash media server.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20925

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

well, thats bad. After reading your statement
Easy communication is provided with audio and video support.
, I assumed that we can communicate - and communication means for me that we can hear and see each other.
In case of ony one-way communication, your component useless for me.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20926

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Mirom,

I believe there has been a misunderstanding.

The component allows communicating and hearing each other. The thing that is impossible to have is a one-to-one, that is to say, private communication between a specific user and teacher. What I mean is, for example, you have a conference with students A, B, C and D. In the middle of the conference you would want to have a one-to-one conversation with student A without turning off the other students. So this is what you can't do.

All the rest is possible.

Have I explained myself clear enough now? Please let me know if you need further clarifications.
JoomPlace Support Team

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20927

• mirom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello MariaB,

...relief...

it means, if we have one classroom with one student and one teacher, the teacher can hear the student and vice versa. Thats what we want, and from your words, it's possible.

I've contacted serverroom because of creating application on flash server, but still no answer.

Greetings, Miro M.

Re: presale ... again 5 years 6 months ago #20937

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
Hi Mirom,

You understood me correctly. I'm glad we've sorted this out.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
JoomPlace Support Team
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds