additional
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rooms control

Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13066

Hi,

I'm new on the use of live conference, and I'd like to know if there is a way to hide the rooms and conferences not addressed to a user, ie., only allow a user to see a room/conference to which he has been assigned by the administrator. It is very inconvenient to have all those rooms and conferences visible to everyone, even when they are not available.

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13075

• Nana
Hi Santiago,

Unfortunately, now it's not possible. We could offer you our custom development services, if you're interested, please write to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Regards

Re: Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13084

Thank you Nana, I'll be in contact if I decide to customize it.

Re: Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13088

• Nana
There's new version of the component. This version has new option, with the help of which you can set whether to hide the rooms and conferences not addressed to a user or not.

Best regards

Re: Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13090

Thank you again Nana, I installed this new version and it works like a charm. Very kind of you all!

Re:Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13091

Hi Nana,

While creating new conferences and rooms, I discovered a small bug on LC. It only hides the first conference for a given room. That means that if I set two or more conferences to the same room, only the first one will be hidden. The other ones will be displayed even for non logged in users.

Could you check that for me please? Thank you

Re:Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13108

• Nana
Hi,

We've fixed it and update the archives. Download it from your Members Area and reinstall. It'll work properly.

Please contact, if you have more questions.

Re:Rooms control 7 years 11 months ago #13118

Hi,

Thank you very much. Now it's working perfectly.

Integration with joomla 2.5 user groups 5 years 9 months ago #21371

• suraj
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am trying to restrict the Live Conference rooms to certain Joomla User Groups.
i.e., a room can be accessed only by specific user group(s) and not by others. And this configuration should be done simply by matching user groups to the specific rooms.

How can i achieve this since this feature is not currently supported by Live Conference?

This feature would really help me in launching my own e-Learning portal.
Kindly help me on this.

- Suraj

Re: Integration with joomla 2.5 user groups 5 years 9 months ago #21383

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Hi Suraj,

Unfortunately, the component doesn't allow creating user groups. There are only two types of users available at the moment: students and teachers.
JoomPlace Support Team
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.