Home > Forum > Joomla components > Multisites Control > Pre-Sales q. Which prod. for Joomla staging server
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pre-Sales q. Which prod. for Joomla staging server

Pre-Sales q. Which prod. for Joomla staging server 9 years 3 months ago #9550

• Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
I am wondering which of the multi sites products to use:

Here is what I want to do, setup a Joomla staging server and push changes to a live production server including these items:

- updated content
- new modules
- new components
- have the option to not sync Jos users as the users on live site would be the most recent
- have images / PDFs/ other documents that might reside in the html direcotry be also pushed to live server from staging server

thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-Sales q. Which prod. for Joomla staging server 9 years 3 months ago #9566

• Ann
Hi!
Do you already have both servers set up or are you going to create the live production site with the help of our components from scratch?
If you don't have the live site created yet, you may then user msm pro component (pro ftp if different domains) to literally create a copy of your staging server with all tables and folders you choose.

If you already have noth sites, and you want to update later staff of the live site, then msm pro is not quite what you're looking for.
In this case ms control will help you to:
-copy and manually update content items, banners and news to the live site.
But it won't handle modules, components, users and images.

Regarding the synchronization of users, msm pro can do that, but if you're not going to use it you might check synchronize users cb component, - it will sync your users then.

Kind regards!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds