Home > Forum > Joomla components > SurveyForce Deluxe > Short Answer text box
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Short Answer text box

Short Answer text box 11 years 6 months ago #2037

• David Bull
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, My survey requires the person to enter a name, phone number and email address. I am using the short answer question but only need a small text field of 50 characters. Is there a way i can change this?
regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Short Answer text box 11 years 5 months ago #2053

• Bjarne Mortensen
Only by doing some coding, sorry.

Re:Short Answer text box 11 years 5 months ago #2059

• Bruce Buie
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Steve, I had the same concern, it is very visually unappealing to have a large text box for contact info questions like that, very amateur. I think the only way around it would be to make them use the joomla registration before giving access to the survey, although I know this may discourage people, who wants to \"sign up\" for another website. I have also tried just putting the large short answer box at the end of the survey and asked people to leave all their contact info and listed the format it should be put in, although this is far from ideal i have seen very few of the respondents not fill this out correctly, or close to it. At this point I am not that satisfied with my surveyforce purchase becuse there are many \"simple\" changes like this that you should be able to make to a commercial joomla extension which are just impossible without like Admin said, coding, which equals more $$ out of our pockets. But who knows its still early in the game with surveyforce for me, so maybe they will prove me wrong and we can get all these little kinks straightened out.

Re:Short Answer text box 11 years 5 months ago #2083

don't hold your breath, he keeps talking about a deluxe version coming out instead of supporting the current version and giving us paying customers more features.

Re:Short Answer text box 11 years 5 months ago #2085

• Vladimir Tursin
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

If you want more features - please go to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it were we'll diskuss them.

We'll be ready to provide you with custom development.

Thank you.

Vladimir

Re:Short Answer text box 5 years 5 months ago #22216

We just purchased and integrated SurveyForce since our customer was unhappy with iSurvey. Almost instantly they asked if we can make fields for Phone / Address / Additional contact info to look adequate (vs huge text boxes). I'm seeing here that this a six year old request. Any suggestions nowadays?

Short Answer text box 2 years 11 months ago #25329

Hi.

I just renewed SurveyForce which has worked well for me. But now we need to have some small survey fields like phone, email and perhaps address fields like city, st and zip in a new survey I've been asked to make. They look really bad as multi line boxes, and I need to make the input boxes smaller. A previous reply mentioned a code fix. What coding do I need to do to make this happen?

Also, we haven't upgraded to the newest version, so if this is fixed in a recent release then sorry about asking. We will be upgrading the server later this year.

Cheers,

Dan

Short Answer text box 2 years 7 months ago #25460

This kind of thing makes me simply irate. Such a basic and simple requirement. "I dont want a input box thats 300 px wide"
Just add a px or character count parameter to the {x} or {y} variable. Would add so much value to the extension.

On the front end survey editor there is even a Visual Editor and I can get it to look just perfect in the survey layout.

Name: _______ Email: _________

Same line, nice sized box. Save, Publish.
Dabnabit the Email input dropped to the next line and I have input boxes the full width of the container.

Name: ________________________________________________________________________________________________
Email: _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Little missing feature makes an almost perfect extension painful. OK I could go edit the CSS blah blah. But why when the whole point is to make an extension that is a joy to use and have to interact with code as little as possible.

Come on Joomplace. Give us a little love. Or at least give us a little tip in the instruction manual on exactly where to adjust the code so we dont have to dig so hard.
  • Page:
Moderators: tom
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.