additional
Home > Forum > Joomla components > Testimonials Component > How to set a truncate text limit with the Module?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to set a truncate text limit with the Module?

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 9 months ago #23620

I am wondering if somebody can show me where I can set the text characters or words limit in order to truncate the testimonials within the testimonials module. I want to have the Testimonies tab on this page only display the first 180 characters followed by ...

I want to keep the Add new or Read more text.

I must be missing something basic but have not been able to find the settings that will make this change.

I am temporarily developing my site at amp.cloudaccess.net/

Thank you, Sean Carney
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sean Carney.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 9 months ago #23624

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Hello Sean,

you can set the Testimonials module height in pixels in the admin panel to regulate the size. We had to switch to this option, as user complained that limiting to the module to specific number of characters made it "jump" changing height with each new testimonial.

Kind regards
JoomPlace Support Team

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 9 months ago #23631

Hello Maria,

The solution you describes sounds like the best option. I had actually found that setting in the module administration under Options->Styling and have set a number of values but so far it has not worked for me. So, I thought maybe the height was for something else. In a perfect world I would be able to set the height of the module and also keep it displaying the "Add new" and "Read more" links at the bottom of each window with the text truncating to fit in the space?

I will put in a ticket since I have not figured it out for myself. Thank you!

Sean Carney

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 4 months ago #24235

• Mark Denny
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you get a solution to this please Sean

Mark

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 2 months ago #24426

Maria wrote:
We had to switch to this option, as user complained that limiting to the module to specific number of characters made it "jump" changing height with each new testimonial.

It seems to me that this is a poor solution as the author and "Read More" links are truncated unless the testimonial is short enough for them to fit.

Why not have a character limit and a module height? A suitable character limit can then be selected that fits within the module height including the author and "Read More" link.

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 4 years 1 month ago #24435

This seems like a good suggestion to me. Basically set the module height to exactly what we want it to be in the event that we want it restricted and then put into our hands the responsibility for reducing the character amount to a short enough amount to not over-fill the module height.

How to set a truncate text limit with the Module? 3 years 6 months ago #24975

• Qin Soun
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone!
Seems like it's something wrong with yours CSS, because I've been able to set height for this module, and buttons still in there. They just overflowing text of testimonials.

Hope my response will help anybody.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.