additional
Home > Forum > Joomla components > Testimonials Component > Sorting testimonials by up and down buttons
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sorting testimonials by up and down buttons

Sorting testimonials by up and down buttons 4 years 5 months ago #24087

Hello!
I have problems with sorting the testimonials (testimonials manager) with drag and drop in admin area. So I activate under administrator/components/com_testimonials/views/topics/tmpl/default.php the comment areas for manual sorting with up and down icons:

Here are the uncomment areas:
<th width="10%" class="nowrap">
         <?php echo JHtml::_('grid.sort',  'JGRID_HEADING_ORDERING', 'ordering', $listDirn, $listOrder); ?>
              <?php if ($saveOrder) :?>
                     <?php echo JHtml::_('grid.order',  $this->items, 'filesave.png', 'topics.saveorder'); ?>
         <?php endif; ?>
</th>

<td class="small">
 <?php if ($canChange) : ?>
<?php if ($saveOrder) :?>
<?php if ($listDirn == 'asc') : ?>
<span><?php echo $this->pagination->orderUpIcon($i, true, 'topics.orderup', 'JLIB_HTML_MOVE_UP', $ordering); ?></span>
<span><?php echo $this->pagination->orderDownIcon($i, $this->pagination->total, true, 'topics.orderdown', 'JLIB_HTML_MOVE_DOWN', $ordering); ?></span><br/>
      <?php elseif ($listDirn == 'desc') : ?>
             <span><?php echo $this->pagination->orderUpIcon($i, true, 'topics.orderdown', 'JLIB_HTML_MOVE_UP', $ordering); ?></span>
             <span><?php echo $this->pagination->orderDownIcon($i, $this->pagination->total, true, 'topics.orderup', 'JLIB_HTML_MOVE_DOWN', $ordering); ?></span><br/>
      <?php endif; ?>
 <?php endif; ?>
      <?php $disabled = $saveOrder ?  '' : 'disabled="disabled"'; ?>
    <input type="text" name="order[]" value="<?php echo $item->ordering;?>" <?php echo $disabled ?> class="input-mini" />
                                            <?php else : ?>
                                                    <?php echo $item->ordering; ?>
                                            <?php endif; ?>
</td>
Here is the edited file:

So, now I have a column with up and down arrows to sort the entries. That's fine. But furthermore I have input fields with the sorting numbers. But the system don't save the new sorting numbers which i type into the fields...the save button on top of the column isn't clickable. What can I do?

Here a pic of the new column with the grey save button under the word "Reihenfolge" (stands for order).

Please help :-)

Thank you very much and have a nice day!
Greetings from Germany!
Marcel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sorting testimonials by up and down buttons 4 years 5 months ago #24104

• Maria
  • JoomPlace Team
  • Thank you received: 388
Hello Marcel,

thank you for submitting a ticket in the HelpDesk system. We'll reply in the ticket.

Kind regards
JoomPlace Support Team

Sorting testimonials by up and down buttons 4 years 4 months ago #24178

Dear Maria,
I don't get any solution for my issue. How is the status of my problem?

Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

We do our best to secure your data and to be
GDPR compliant.
However, we are not fully there yet.

With that said we'd like you to know that we use cookies.
We store user session cookie only to enable both registered and guest users to use the shopping cart.
Please note that 3rd party cookies may still be encountered on the pages with social media "share" and "like" buttons.

To ensure your privacy we have currently stopped using any analytics tools like Google Analytics.

We anonymize your IP address on the server side so your IP is not tracked by any means.

We DO NOT pass ANY of your data to 3rd parties.
We will do our best to provide maximum transparency in future if anything will change.

Also, we will store cookies to determine if you saw this message.