Online Memorials Directory Component
Ready to download!
Need a custom feature? Contact us!
Memorials Directory component is designed to create virtual memorials containing texts, photos and videos honoring loved who has passed away. With this extension you can configure your online directory paying a long-lived homage to all who is gone and manage it with as little fuss as possible.
Commenting and Social Media make it easy to deliver your thoughts and words of condolence. Visitors can easily leave their inspired feedback and express their sincere respect on a memorial page and share obituary on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Pinterest.
Once the Online Memorials Directory extension is installed, you can fill it with obituaries and configure your online directory's home page. Manage easily comments/condolences you will shortly have from engaged visitors.
Every memorial wall can be created as obituary text content telling the complete life story enriched with media content. Images and videos will surely help to deliver emotional angle of the story smoother. You can configure which memorial fields to display, modify field labels and create additional custom fields. Listing and detailed views are available.
Easy to Explore
Keep your memorials directory easy to explore.
It can be organized in catalogues and display available categories at the directory home page. You also can display memorials categories, the latest memorials and random memorials in the separate modules. Your visitors can use extended search or alpha index to find memorials walls they are interested in.
In addition to the commenting system, a number of sharing options are implemented. Visitors can share obituaries on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest using social buttons.
Comments / Condolences
Visitors can submit comments / condolences on the memorial wall and highlight them by adding a candle image ("Light a Candle" option).
You can manage user comments and condolences from the admin area.
Note: Due to security reason some component doesn't have full functionality there
Demo site resets every 3 hours.
- Joomla! 3.x compatible release
- Added pdf, audio and video upload option
- Added comments
- Added template and css editting from the back-end
- Added possibility to have an individual template per category
- Added option to hide image preview in items
- Added option to add ornaments
- Improved dashboard in back-end
- Fix for negative time-zones
- Fix for one-column view
- Extended Front-End Manager for obituaries and condolences
- Added email notifications to admin after creating a new obituary or condolence
- Moderation of new obituaries or condolences
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed major bugs
- Added a new menu item type allowing to add obituaries from front end
- Fixed the front end Edit feature
- Fixed minor bugs
- Added Facebook Recommend button
- Default selection of video and audio file in player
- Fixed some bugs
- First stable release
Installation package includes English language files only. Other languages are available for all registered JoomPlace users through Translations page.
In the chart below you could find out which languages are available for the component. Go to the Translations page to download language files.
Please, contact JoomPlace Support Team, should you have any questions.
Current translations availability:
You are welcome to contribute to translation of the component on project.